[Linux-cluster] Networking guidelines for RHCS across datacenters

Jon Schulz jschulz at soapstonenetworks.com
Fri Jun 5 14:37:57 UTC 2009

Yes I would be interested to see what products you are currently using to achieve this. In my proposed setup we are actually completely database transaction driven. The problem is the people higher up want active database <-> database replication which will be problematic I know.

Outside of the data side of the equation, how tolerant is the cluster network/heartbeat to latency assuming no packet loss? Or more to the point, at what point does everyone in their past experience see the heartbeat network become unreliable, latency wise. E.g. anything over 30ms?

Most of my experiences with rhcs and linux-ha have always been with the cluster network being within the same LAN :(