[Linux-cluster] fence_scsi support in multipath env in RHEL5.3

Rajeev P rajpurush at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 08:41:21 UTC 2009

 I wanted to know if fence_scsi is supported in a multipath environment for
RHEL5.3 release.

In earlier releases of RHEL5 fence_scsi was not supported in a multipath
environment for RHEL5.3 release. If I am not wrong, this was because the
DM-MPIO driver forwarded the registration/unregistration commands on only on
one of the physical paths of a LUN.  Ideally it should have passed the
commands on all physical paths.

For RHEL5.3, is this issue resolved so that I can fence_scsi in multipath
environment.

Thanks in advance.

Rajeev