[Linux-cluster] Re: Still having GFS2 mount hang

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 14:13:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:33:33AM -0400, William A. (Andy) Adamson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 3:36 PM, David Teigland<teigland at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 03:14:09PM -0400, William A. (Andy) Adamson wrote:
> >> Hi David
> >>
> >> Thanks for looking at this. The kernel does report a recursive lock
> >
> > that's harmless
> >
> >> issue when running /etc/init.d/cman. Details inline.
> >
> > I can't see anything wrong, I'm going to check whether we have or can get
> > some more recent packages, since 2.99.12 is a bit old, it looks like
> > you're on fedora 10?
>
> yes. I could move to fedora 11.

I did some checking, and unfortunately 2.99.12 is the newest version we've
packaged for either f10 or f11.  It has something to do with the corosync
api's changing too rapidly, and the trouble with patching and rebuilding all
the packages that depend on it because they are using various versions of the
api... the hope is it will all be better when a stable corosync 1.0 release
happens.

In the mean time, Fabio was kind enough to make a set of srpms of all the
latest versions, http://fabbione.fedorapeople.org/srpm/ I just built and
installed corosync, openais and cluster srpms from there on my fedora 10
machine.  Started the cluster and mounted gfs with the result.

I limited what I built/installed to avoid some annoying dependencies, to

rpmbuild --rebuild corosync
rpm -Uhv corosync*
rpmbuild --rebuild openais
rpm -Uhv openais*