[Linux-cluster] Networking guidelines for RHCS across datacenters

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:45:15 UTC 2009

Indeed, SAN replication could be another way to partially address  this.
To make it work, one should be able to add sort of external resource in the
cluster monitoring the synchronization status between the source LUNs and
the target ones, and by the way automatically invert the synchronization in
case your resource or service fails over another node on the other site.

This can be tricky and your SAN arrays must allow you to do this (HDS/HP
command devices, etc...)

IMHO, LVM mirror is the simplest way to achieve this if latency constraints
are acceptable.

When I say partially, there is always the quorum issue, as on a 4 nodes
cluster, equally located on 2 sites, in case of a site failure, the 2
remaining nodes are not quorate.

Brem