[Linux-cluster] Cluster among geographically separated nodes ?

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 12:13:58 UTC 2009

Greetings

Not an expert in Cluster. But my 2c below

All of them below assume that cluster heartbeat network is on a fast network

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Brahadambal Srinivasan <
brahadambal at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Storage - how is the shared storage acheived?

By storage replication (preferably with fibre)

If two node,  DRBD may work with a very-very fast link (It works in a
100mbps lan though like campuses with two nodes in very seperate buildings)

> 2. Fencing - any special methods to fence ?

DRC/ILO/ILOM comes to mind

> 3. Max. number of nodes possible in such a setup

I have done it with 4 nodes max

4. any special methods/exceptions/rules to setup this cluster?

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20090311.200230.23f4f917.pl.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cluster@redhat.com/msg06229.html