[Linux-cluster] clusvcadm -M <service> -m <service> fails with "Invalid operation for resource"

Thomas Sjolshagen thomas at sjolshagen.net
Sat Jun 20 20:06:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to do a migration to another member of the cluster but it
fails with:

# clusvcadm -M samba -m host2
Trying to migrate service:samba to
virt0-backup.sjolshagen.net...Invalid operation for resource

I'm running Fedora 11 with rgmanager-3.0.0-15.rc1.fc11.x86_64
installed as well as a downloaded copy of the 5/21 version of vm.sh
from the git.fedorahosted.org repository. I've configured the resource
as follows:

<rm>
<resources>
   <vm name="kvm06-hvm" domain="cluster" autostart="1"
recovery="relocate" snapshot="/cluster/kvm-guests/snapshots"
use_virsh="1" exclusive="1" hypervisor="qemu"
migration_mapping="host1:host2,host2:host1"
hypervisor_uri="qemu+ssh:///system" />
</resources>
<service autostart="1" domain="cluster" name="samba">
   <vm ref="kvn06-hvm"/>
</service>
</rm>

And the guest container files are hosted on a (previously mounted)
gfs2 file system.

Is this a rgmanager shortcoming (rgmanager needs to be coded to
support virsh & live migration) or - more likely - user error?

Thanks in advance
// Thomas