[Linux-cluster] system-config-cluster, secure, and fence_drac5

Mario Mech mech at meteo.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 23 14:32:16 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm configuring a FailOver-cluster with CentOS 5.3 on two Dell PowerEdge
2950 with DRAC5 cards. The basic configuration with
system-config-cluster worked fine after enabling telnet on the DRACs and
I got the cluster running. Then I switched to ssh by manually editing
the cluster.conf file, since system-config-cluster is not aware of
fence_drac5. Unfortunately now the cluster.conf file is not readable
anymore by system-config-cluster. I still want to use sys-con-clu, since
there is still much to configure  (services, failover-domains,....).
Except of using telnet and fence_drac until the end of the configuration
process, I have no other idea how to manage that. DOes anyone know how
to include fence_drac5 and the secure="1" attribute in cluster.conf and
still using sys-con-clu?

All best

Mario

P.S. Is secure="1" in the right place?

cluster.conf:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster alias="ninjo_cluster" config_version="9" name="ninjo_cluster">
         <fence_daemon post_fail_delay="0" post_join_delay="3"/>
         <clusternodes>
                 <clusternode name="ninjo" nodeid="1" votes="1">
                         <fence>
                                 <method name="1">
                                         <device name="ninjo-drac"/>
                                 </method>
                         </fence>
                 </clusternode>
                 <clusternode name="ninja" nodeid="2" votes="1">
                         <fence>
                                 <method name="1">
                                         <device modulename=""
name="ninja-drac"/>
                                 </method>
                         </fence>
                 </clusternode>
         </clusternodes>
         <cman expected_votes="1" two_node="1"/>
         <fencedevices>
                 <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5"
ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" login="root" name="ninjo-drac" passwd="xxxx"
secure="1"/>
                 <fencedevice agent="fence_drac5"
ipaddr="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" login="root" name="ninja-drac" passwd="xxxx"
secure="1"/>
         </fencedevices>
         <rm>
                 <failoverdomains/>
                 <resources/>
         </rm>
</cluster>

--
Dr. Mario Mech

Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology
University of Cologne
Zuelpicherstr. 49a
50674 Cologne
Germany