[Linux-cluster] Update cluster.conf in Fedora 10

Chrissie Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 15:41:46 UTC 2009

Doug Bunger wrote:
> I'm having trouble making the cluster aware of changes in Fedora 10
> (x86_64).  The setup has three VMs accessing a shared, attached
> partition, formatted as GFS.    When modifying the cluster.conf and
> incrementing version number, I have to boot the nodes.  I've found some
> online resources that say use cman_tool and others that say use
> ccs_tool.  What is the correct commanf for Fedora 10?
>
>  # cman_tool nodes
>  Node Sts Inc Joined Name
>  2 M 172 2009-03-04 08:39:52 gfs2
>  3 M 172 2009-03-04 08:39:52 gfs3
>  4 M 160 2009-03-04 08:39:52 gfs4
>  # head -2 /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
>  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>  <cluster config_version="9" name="clust">
>  # cman_tool version
>  6.1.0 config 9
>  # vi /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
>  # head -2 /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
>  <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>  <cluster config_version="10" name="clust">
>  # cman_tool version -r 10
>  # cman_tool version
>  6.1.0 config 9
>  # ccs_tool update /etc/cluster/cluster.conf
>  Unknown command, update
>  Try 'ccs_tool help' for help

On Fedora10 you only need to issue a cman_tool -r<n> command to update
the configuration file version. ccs_tool was for updating ccsd, which is
no longer used.

That doesn't explain why your version hasn't updated, of course. It
might be worth checking if there are any updated packages for fedora as
it seems to work correctly on my test systems.

Chrissie