[Linux-cluster] Update cluster.conf in Fedora 10

Stewart Walters spods at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 4 16:12:52 UTC 2009

As far as I'm aware, your not supposed to edit /etc/cluster/cluster.conf directly.

Doing so will cause cman to detect an unregistered change to
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf and roll back to the previous version (someone correct
me if I'm wrong here).

The correct procedure is to take a copy of the file, then increment number of the
cluster version, then use ccs_tool update to increment the cluster.

That is: -

# cp /etc/cluster/cluster.conf /tmp
# vi /tmp/cluster.conf  [increment it's number to a number higher than all nodes
in the cluster]
# ccs_tool update /tmp/cluster.conf

ccs_tool will then distribute the new file to all cluster nodes, and cause this
new version to be backed up as well (for further rollbacks of
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf).

Regards,

Stewart

On Wed Mar  4  7:34 , Doug Bunger  sent:

>I'm having trouble making the cluster aware of changes in Fedora 10 (x86_64).
The setup has three VMs accessing a shared, attached partition, formatted as GFS.
   When modifying the cluster.conf and incrementing version number, I have to
boot the nodes.  I've found some online resources that say use cman_tool and
others that say use ccs_tool.  What is the correct commanf for Fedora 10?