[Linux-cluster] Adding a new fence agent

Marcos David marcos.david at efacec.pt
Fri Mar 6 11:47:59 UTC 2009

Hi,
Yes you can issue a "poweroff server 3" to gracefully shutdown a blade
(I'm using "poweroff server # force",  to ensure a fast shutdown,
without the "force" option sometimes the OS shutdown hanged and things
didn't work properly.

I'm not sure how it works internally, I'll have to shutdown or disable
the iLO port manually to test it since it is internal to the blade
enclosure.
I'll be able to do more tests and clean up the script next week.

I modified the script to ensure I have another fence level besides the
iLO port.
During failover tests we removed one of the blades and the cluster went
"kaput" because it couldn't access the iLO port of the blade and fence it.
With another fence level, if it fails to reach the iLO port, it will try
to fence the node through the enclosure and the cluster recovers normally.

In this perspective it works as a redundancy if the iLO port fails or
there is no communication with the blade.

Marcos David