[Linux-cluster] Luci initialisation

Graeme Hodgens ghodgens at inpses.co.uk
Tue Mar 10 11:03:47 UTC 2009

Hi

When I try to initialise luci using luci_admin init, I am get the
following,

[root at myservername]# luci_admin init

Initilaizing the Luci server

Creating the 'admin' user

Enter password:

Confirm password:

Please wait...

[root at myservername]#

At this point I am expecting a lot more information around the password
being set and SSL certificates being set.

I continue by restarting the service with service luci restart but get
the following

[root at myservername]# service luci restart

Shutting down luci:                     [ OK ]

luci's 'admin' password has to be changed before server is allowed to
start

To do so, execute (as root):

    luci_admin password

[root at myservername]# luci_admin password

The Luci site has not been initialized.

To initialize it, execute

     /usr/sbin/luci_admin init

And hey presto I am back to where I started.

Any ideas if I am missing dependant packages or any other permissions,
etc?

Thanks

Graeme