[Linux-cluster] ccsd problems after update to RHEL 5.2/5.3

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Thu Mar 12 11:04:16 UTC 2009

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:52:32 +0100, Mark Hlawatschek <hlawatschek at atix.de>
wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
>> Yeah, I saw that bug entry. The listing says 5.2 and 5.3 are both
>> affected (cman 2.0.84 and 2.0.98). I tried 2.0.73 from RHEL 5.1, but
>> that makes my OSR startup fail while joining the fencing domain. :-(
>
> This is because the supported parameters in fence_tool have been changed.

> You'll need to modify the way fence_tool is called in
/etc/rhel5/gfs-lib.sh
> in your open-sharedroot setup.

Oh, I see. Thanks for that. Is it doing based on a release version check or
is it hard-coded (i.e. not working on RHEL 5.0/5.1 any more)? Is there a
diff for the change-over? Sorry if this is all obvious from looking at the
code, I'm not in front of the suffering cluster right now. :-/

Thanks.

Gordan