[Linux-cluster] Post-Join Delay?

kali mero klmr5883 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:43:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

While I was reading the documentation I came across an awkward statement:

"The Post-Join Delay parameter is the number of seconds the fence daemon
(fenced) waits before fencing a node after the node joins the fence domain.
The Post-Join Delay default value is 3. A typical setting for Post-Join
Delay is between 20 and 30 seconds, but can vary according to cluster and
network performance."

I usually leave this in the default value, but the docs refer to something
in between 20 and 30.

So, what are your usually settings for this parameters?
What is your recommendation?

TIA