[Linux-cluster] Freeze with cluster-2.03.11

Kadlecsik Jozsef kadlec at mail.kfki.hu
Fri Mar 27 12:27:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009, Kadlecsik Jozsef wrote:

> In an attempt to trigger the freeze without mailman (if it is due to
> a corrupt fs)

I umounted the GFS filesystems on all nodes and ran fsck on all of them,
just in case.

Some unused inodes, unlinked inodes and bitmap differences were fixed.
After bringing up everything, in half an our one node get frozen again,
without starting/running mailman :-(. Sigh. The pressure is mounting to
fix the cluster at any cost, and nothing remained but to downgrade to
cluster-2.01.00/openais-0.80.3 which would be just ridiculous.

Anything else we could do to stabilize the cluster nodes?

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlec at mail.kfki.hu, kadlec at blackhole.kfki.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary