[Linux-cluster] Freeze with cluster-2.03.11

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 20:11:17 UTC 2009

----- "Kadlecsik Jozsef" <kadlec at mail.kfki.hu> wrote:
| Yes. Probably it's worth to summarize what's happening here:
|
| - Full, healthy-looking cluster with all of the five nodes joined
|   runs smoothly.
| - One node freezes out of the blue; it can reliably be triggered
|   anytime by starting mailman, which works over GFS.
| - The freezed node gets fenced off - I assume it's not reversed and
|   the node freezes *because* it got fenced.

Hi,

Perhaps you should change your post_fail_delay to some very high
number, recreate the problem, and when it freezes force a
sysrq-trigger to get call traces for all the processes.
Then also you can look at the dmesg to see if there was a kernel
panic or something on the node that would otherwise be
immediately fenced.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS