[Linux-cluster] Can same cluster name in same subnet?

Steven Dake sdake at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 06:12:55 UTC 2009

You can have the same cluster name and override the multicast address as
well.  The multicast address is the unique identifier for the cluster,
not the cluster name.  The cluster name hashes into a multicast address
in a deterministic fashion on all nodes with the same cluster id.  This
means they will conflict if they have a differing configuration.

Regards
-steve