[Linux-cluster] gsf2

Bob Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed May 6 13:15:27 UTC 2009

----- "gfs2etis" <gfs2etis at ensea.fr> wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I am a newbie with gfs2,
| i have set 4 nodes on a fiber channel SAN
| synchronized through gfs2.
|
| When one machine crash all gfs2 crash,
| especially when there is a lot of IO
| on the gfs2 devices.
|
| I have no message on the system when it crash (???)
|
| version : gfs2-utils-2.03.07-2
|
| thanks
| --
| gfs2etis <gfs2etis at ensea.fr>
| ETIS

Hi,

When one node crashes, gfs2 should prevent any new locks
from being taken until the node it properly fenced and
the journal recovered.  This can appear as a freeze or
lockup, and it is done intentionally to preserve data integrity.
The other nodes should not crash and if they do, they should
leave console messages stating what happened.

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat GFS