[Linux-cluster] Heartbeat time outs in rhel4 understanding

Elias, Michael EliasM at dnb.com
Wed May 6 13:33:53 UTC 2009

Ok, so let me ask this. I did a tcpdump between nodes. Is the heartbeat
the udp pack I see? I also see an xml doc. Like node1 keeps uptime and
other cluster info for itself and node2. node2 keeps uptime and cluster
onfo for nodes 1 and 3. Node 3 does the same for 2 and 4 and so on. I
assume is a node dies then they next closest node starts watching the
uptime for that node until the failed node rejoins.

Thanks again