[Linux-cluster] help with fence_xvmd

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Wed May 13 12:20:06 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I´m testing a 2 nodes cluster with 2 xen virtual machines running on a Xen
host.

I have the cluster running and I want to configure fence_xvm.

I have followed the instructions of this page:

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/wiki/VMClusterCookbook

but when I reach at the point of running this command:
cluster]# fence_xvmd -fdddd
Debugging threshold is now 4
-- args @ 0xbfd38f08 --
  args->addr = 225.0.0.12
  args->domain = (null)
  args->key_file = /etc/cluster/fence_xvm.key
  args->op = 2
  args->hash = 2
  args->auth = 2
  args->port = 1229
  args->ifindex = 0
  args->family = 2
  args->timeout = 30
  args->retr_time = 20
  args->flags = 1
  args->debug = 4
-- end args --
Reading in key file /etc/cluster/fence_xvm.key into 0xbfd37f08 (4096 max
size)
Actual key length = 4096 bytesOpened ckpt vm_states
Setting up ipv4 multicast receive (225.0.0.12:1229)
Joining multicast group
Failed to bind multicast receive socket to 225.0.0.12: No such device
Check network configuration.
Could not set up multicast listen socket

I don´t understand what I have to do to make this work. (I´m newbie to this
kind of fence method, perhaps is a stupid thing.)

any clue?

thanks in advance

ESG