[Linux-cluster] Resource configuration syntax for cluster.conf

Mrugesh Karnik mrugeshkarnik at gmail.com
Wed May 20 13:38:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have few questions about the exact syntax for configuring resources managed
by rgmanager in cluster.conf.

* It seems like the vm resource agent can be configured directly under <rm/>.
Is there a specific schema or such to figure out which resource agents can be
configured this way, without using <resources/> or <service/>? So far the only
criterion I've come across is to check whether the RA supports the domain
attribute. It turns out that Live Migration of the VMs with clusvcadm -M does
not work if the vm resource is specified under a resource tree.

* The meta-data for a resource lists various <action/> values. Are these
configurable? If yes, how do I configure these? Do they go in as a child tag
for the specific resource configured under a resource tree?

* What is the meaning of the <special/> tag output by the meta-data?

Thanks,
Mrugesh