[Linux-cluster] all nodes halt when one lose connection

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Thu May 21 11:44:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I continue with my 2 node cluster and with strange behaviours (or not....).

I´ll explain the actual situation.

I have a cluster with 2 nodes. I  Use IPMI as fencing device and all works
fine.

I have two separate networks for the services and for the cluster
management. (as I was instructed in this list, thanks for the advice ;-) )

I use a iscsi volumen mounted on the two nodes and with GFS on it.

The problem I have now is that when one of the nodes lose the connection to
the service network (I disconnect the cable from the interface) I expect the
second node fence this node and take the control of the services. But what I
have is that the 2 nodes halt, (no reboot, halt), is this normal?

one detail, the access to the GFS volumen is through this service network.
When I pull the cable I lose the connection to it. Can be this the problem?

Thanks in advance

ESG