[Linux-cluster] diferent ip nodes with diferent commands

Chrissie Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Tue May 26 08:22:46 UTC 2009

ESGLinux wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Looking the configuration of my 2 nodes cluster I have seen that when I
> run the command cman_tool with diferent commands I get diferent ips for
> my nodes.
>
> here is the example:
>
> cman_tool -af nodes
> Node  Sts   Inc   Joined               Name
>    1   M   1624   2009-05-21 11:41:41  NODE1
>        Addresses: 172.16.1.185
>    2   M   1620   2009-05-21 11:41:41  NODE2
>        Addresses: 172.16.1.188
>
> ---------------------------
>
> cman_tool status
> Version: 6.1.0
> Config Version: 28
> Cluster Name: myCLUSTER
> Cluster Id: 10708
> Cluster Member: Yes
> Cluster Generation: 1624
> Membership state: Cluster-Member
> Nodes: 2
> Expected votes: 1
> Total votes: 2
> Quorum: 1
> Active subsystems: 9
> Flags: 2node Dirty
> Ports Bound: 0 11 177
> Node name: NODE1
> Node ID: 1
> Multicast addresses: 239.192.41.253
> Node addresses: 172.16.1.186
>

> As you can see node1 shows 2 diferente ips (172.16.1.185 (eth0)
> and 172.16.1.186 (eth1))
>
> How can I determine which ip they are using to communicate and how can I
> change the configuration to use always the same ip (the one asociated to
> eth1)

That's very very strange! I can't think what might be causing that. The
correct information is that shown by 'cman_tool nodes -a' as that
queries the totem stack to get its information. You can double-check
this with the command

  # lsof -p `pidof aisexec`

But I'm intrigued as to how this has happened. Is it possible you could
post your cluster.conf and also the output of "cman_tool join -d" please?

Chrissie