[Linux-cluster] all nodes halt when one lose connection

Kaerka Phillips kbphillips80 at gmail.com
Wed May 27 23:48:36 UTC 2009

It sounds like they're fencing themselves.  We got around this issue on a
two-node cluster by including the alternate node's internal ip address in
the /etc/hosts file of both hosts and a cross-over cable for the service
network with the private ip addresses assigned to that network.  If you're
trying to get them to monitor each other via the public network, in theory
this could be done with a backup fencing method, but we weren't able to get
this work since the heartbeat functions only happen on the network that the
node names are defined to use.