[Linux-cluster] STABLE3: Cannot mount gfs, "no such device"

Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ] mad at wol.de
Fri May 29 08:13:51 UTC 2009

Hello djm,

i don't think that stable3 works as expected on RHEL5U3 as it is
tracking the vanilla kernel >=2.6.29 and RHEL5 uses 2.6.18 and its
cluster suite uses another branch... Might be better if you checkout the
latest branch for RHEL5 and build up your stack from there. As far as i
know, the module lock_dlm is no more a module by itself in stable3 as it
is build into gfs.ko now.

It might be useful for you to read the change logs of stable3 (you'll
find them in the list archives) and also take a look on
http://sourceware.org/cluster for branches and other useful
information...

Hope that helps,

Marc