[Linux-cluster] GFS Journal Size

Andrew A. Neuschwander andrew at ntsg.umt.edu
Thu Nov 5 22:30:45 UTC 2009

Is there a good way to determine what size journals are needed on a gfs? Is there anyway to tell if
a journal gets full? I have a vary large file system (20TB) shared by three hosts with 48GB RAM
each. With the default journal size, applications would become unresponsive under heavy sequential
writes. I increased the journal size to 1GB (from the default 128M) and this alleviated the problem.

Searching hasn't turned up any discussions on journal size.

Thanks,
-Andrew
--
Andrew A. Neuschwander, RHCE