[Linux-cluster] LVM Cluster errors on bootup -- ok?

Ray Van Dolson rvandolson at esri.com
Wed Nov 25 17:30:17 UTC 2009

Noticed that on bootup of a cluster node usings cLVM and GFS2 I see the
following:

  Scanning logical volumes
    connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
    WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
    Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
    Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
    Found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2
  Activating logical volumes
    connect() failed on local socket: Connection refused
    WARNING: Falling back to local file-based locking.
    Volume Groups with the clustered attribute will be inaccessible.
    2 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active

VolGroup00 is a vg on the local disk and is not shared.

Later, cluster services start (including clvmd) and the clustered
volumes and associated filesystems come up fine.

I'm assuming the errors above are because clvmd isn't running.  Can
they be safely ignored?  Any way to configure so my clustered volumes
aren't scanned until after clvmd starts?  I know I can edit filter
settings in lvm.conf, but don't see any way to specify that some block
devices should be skipped until clvmd is running.

Thanks,
Ray