[Linux-cluster] multipath devices and Conga storage tab

Arturo Gonzalez Ferrer arturogf at ugr.es
Thu Oct 8 01:00:54 UTC 2009

Hello,
I'm using RHEL 5.4 with an HP MSA2312fc array, and I'm trying to configure a
3-node cluster sharing a GFS filesystem. I want to do this by using Conga.
All went good, the cluster is up, but when going to the "storage" tab, I saw
8 devices (sda, sdb...sdh). This is caused of course by having two HBA in
every node (there is another 4th node that is going to access another volume
on the MSA).

So, I went for multipathing:

I've already installed HPDM (hp multipath) in the first node and I can see
now on the command line both volumes that I created (/dev/mapper/mpath0 with
1TB and /dev/mapper/mpath1 with 600GB), but the problem is that in Conga I
can only see the previous 8 devices... so I'm starting to think that Conga
does not look at multipath devices...or surely I don't know what I'm doing
wrong in order to display them somehow.

Could you give me some direction to follow now? There is no much
documentation about Conga storage management.

Cheers,
Arturo.