[Linux-cluster] gfs2_tool settune demote_secs

Scooter Morris scooter at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Oct 9 16:55:06 UTC 2009

Hi all,
    On RHEL 5.3/5.4(?) we had changed the value of demote_secs to
significantly improve the performance of our gfs2 filesystem for certain
tasks (notably rm -r on large directories).  I recently noticed that
that tuning value is no longer available (part of a recent update, or
part of 5.4?).  Can someone tell me what, if anything replaces this?  Is
it now a mount option, or is there some other way to tune this value?

Thanks in advance.

-- scooter