[Linux-cluster] gfs2_tool settune demote_secs

Scooter Morris scooter at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Oct 9 17:57:14 UTC 2009

Steve,
    Thanks for the prompt reply.  Like Kaerka, I'm running on
large-memory servers and decreasing demote_secs from 300 to 20 resulted
in significant performance improvements because locks get freed much
more quickly (I assume), resulting in much better response.  It could
certainly be that changing demote_secs was a workaround for a different
bug that has now been fixed, which would be great.  I'll try some tests
today and see how "rm -rf" on a large directory behaves.

-- scooter