[Linux-cluster] gfs2 quotas

Scooter Morris scooter at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Oct 9 21:35:26 UTC 2009

Hi all,
    I'm trying to set up quotas on my gfs2 filesystems, and I'm running
into some problems.  I enabled quotas (quota=on), did a gfs2_quota reset
and a gfs2_quota init.  Now, I'm getting warning messages:

warning: quota file size not a multiple of struct gfs2_quota

and

Warning: This filesystem doesn't seem to have the new quota list format
or the quota list is corrupt. list, check and init operation performance
will suffer due to this. It is recommended that you run the 'gfs2_quota
reset' operation to reset the quota file. All current quota information
will be lost and you will have to reassign all quota limits and warnings

I've tried doing a reset/init/check, fsck.gfs2, etc., but I still get
the same warnings.   Am I doing something wrong?

RHEL 5.4:
    Linux 2.6.18-164.el5
    gfs2-utils-0.1.62-1.el5

-- scooter