[Linux-cluster] using NFS as a shared storage for RHCS

brem belguebli brem.belguebli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 21:48:00 UTC 2009

Definitely right in saying that all those apps do definitely not need
a clustered FS.

If one of your concerns is high availability, local FS cannot be the
option unless some DRBD setup is done (I have no idea on how complex
or not it can be).

The classical way, would be to use shared storage (block device
based--> cannot be NFS) FC, ISCSI, on which LVM (CLVM or HA LVM)
volumes are built holding themselves legacy FS (ext3).

Ideally, CLVM is my prefered option, the only problem with it being
that the Redhat cluster shipped resource script doesn't handle
exclusive activation "yet" (something needed when runnning
active/passive clustered services with CLVM) and you'll need to use
instead Rafael Mico Miranda  resource script (in this post
https://www.redhat.com/archives/cluster-devel/2009-June/msg00020.html)