[Linux-cluster] service state unchanged when host crashes

Martin Waite Martin.Waite at datacash.com
Mon Oct 26 17:40:24 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have 3 VMs running in a cluster.   4 services are defined, one of
which ("SENTINEL") is running on clusternode30.

I then suspended clusternode30 in the VM console.   Cman notices the
disappearance within a few seconds.  However, the SENTINEL service that
was running is still flagged as "started".

martin at clusternode28:/usr/share/cluster$ sudo /usr/sbin/clustat
Cluster Status for testcluster @ Mon Oct 26 18:33:48 2009
Member Status: Quorate

 Member Name                                              ID   Status
 clusternode27                                               27 Online,
rgmanager
 clusternode28                                               28 Online,
Local, rgmanager
 clusternode30                                               30 Offline

 Service Name                                    Owner (Last)
State