[Linux-cluster] GS2 try_rgrp_unlink consuming lots of CPU

Miller, Gordon K gordon.k.miller at boeing.com
Mon Oct 26 22:47:55 UTC 2009

When making our GFS2 filesystems we are using default values with the exception of the journal size which we have set to 16MB. Our resource groups are 443 MB in size for this filesystem.

I do not believe that we have the case of unlinking inodes from one node while it is still open on another.

Under what conditions would try_rgrp_unlink return the same inode when called repeatedly in a short time frame as seen in the original problem description? I am unable to correlate any call to gfs2_unlink on any node in the cluster with the inodes that try_rgrp_unlink is returning.

Gordon