[Linux-cluster] service state unchanged when host crashes

Jakov Sosic jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Wed Oct 28 10:03:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 09:57:50 -0000
"Martin Waite" <Martin.Waite at datacash.com> wrote:

> I am running Debian Lenny 64-bit.   Is that going to be a problem for
> me ?

Well maybe. Last time I tried RedHat Cluster Suite on Debian Lenny was
two months ago, and then I had stumbled upon the following bug:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-cluster@redhat.com/msg06018.html

I don't know if they have fixed that bug... but it resembles totally to
your problem... Node goes down, node gets fenced, service is seen as
down by rgmanager, but there is no action to relocate it to a live
cluster member. That was a start of a project for me, so after that I
migrated to CentOS 5 (which is a free RHEL fork).

> I think you have given me enough of a pointer - ie. I haven't
> configured fencing properly - to get me going again.  Thanks.

I can see that from the logs now :) If you get to the point where bug
that I explained earlier pops up, please share that information here so
that we know the state of RHCS on Debian.

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |