[Linux-cluster] SEMI OT. Synchronizing jboss cache dir.

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 10:38:54 UTC 2009

Hi All,
First, sorry if this can be considered Off Topic but my first aproach was
using clustering to my problem so I suposse you could have the same problem.

I have 2 computers running JBoss and I need to share a directory for the
cache (I use OSCache).

First I try to use a NFS service on a Red hat Cluster ( I use this
reference
http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Configuration_Example_-_NFS_Over_GFS/index.html
)

My problem is that the performance with this approach is too much low for my
application. So I decided to make each machine use its own cache dir and
with rsync keep this dirs synchronized.

I don´t know if what I have done is a stupidity or It´s a good solution, so
what do you think about it?, Do you know any way to do what I need

Thanks in advance.

ESG