[Linux-cluster] How backup domU partition from dom0?

Miguel Sanchez ntadmin at fi.upm.es
Fri Sep 4 12:08:11 UTC 2009

Hi. I have two hosts forming a cluster for run xen vm's. Each vm has a
disk which is corresponding to a clvm logic volume within dom0.
I pretended to backup the lv's from dom0 doing a 'kpart -a' and a
readonly mount (with the vm running). Probably it is not very correct
(but the alternative snapshot was not possible with clvm).
Most of times, the operation is ok, and the backup finishes with
problems, but in other cases 'mount -r /dev/mapper/device /path' does
not return and it stays consuming time indefinitely. I cannot kill the
process y have to fence the node.

How could I make the domU backups within dom0 without these problems?

Thanks.
Miguel.