[Linux-cluster] where exactly cluster services are stoppped during shutdown?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 11:29:27 UTC 2009

Hello,
suppose that I have a service srvname defined in chkconfig and I would like
to insert it as a resource/service in my cluster.conf
(version 3 of cluster as found in f11, but thanks for answer for version 2
as in rhel 5 if different)
So my cluster.conf is something like this:
                <resources>
                        <script file="/etc/init.d/srvname" name="SRV1"/>
                </resources>
                <service domain="SRV1" autostart="1" name="SRV1">
                <script ref="SRV1"/>
                </service>
To have the service to be managed only by cluster I have to do:

chkconfig --del srvname

SO now the question is: to understand correctly how to manage eventual
interactions with other init scripts, where and how exactly the service
srvname will be stopped when I run

shutdown -h now
or
shutdown -r now
?
Which one of the init script related is responsible to do a "srvname stop"
and when?

I presume rgmanager but I would like confirmation.

Is it correct to leave "as is" the init script in general if it is a
standard provided one or do I have to change it to be correctly managed as a
cluster script?

Thanks,
Gianluca