[Linux-cluster] exact iptables command to stop a source from accessing a Linux cluster

Rajveer Singh torajveersingh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 10:46:57 UTC 2009

Dear sunHux,

iptables stores rules in /etc/sysconfig/iptables file by default. So if you
don't have any rules in this file, and try to start iptables service using
"service iptables start" you will see the out of "service iptables status"
as "Firewall is stopped".

So it's not any issue and you can put any iptable rules.

Re,
Raj