[Linux-cluster] cman fails after a yum upgrade

Mike Cardwell linux-cluster at lists.grepular.com
Sun Sep 20 14:07:55 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just did a yum upgrade on my test cluster running on Centos 5.3, and
now when I start cman, the following happens:

[root at web1 cluster]# service cman start
Starting cluster:
    Mounting configfs... done
    Starting ccsd... done
    Starting cman... failed
/usr/sbin/cman_tool: aisexec daemon didn't start
                                                            [FAILED]
[root at web1 cluster]#

I did the upgrade on a second node also, and the same started happening
there. The upgrade, upgraded cman, openais and the kernel along with
some unrelated packages. There is nothing in /var/log/messages which
suggests that a failure has occurred.

I've never used the gui stuff for configuring cluster before, so I
thought I'd install X11 on the server and run system-config-cluster.
When I run that, the error message I get is:

Relax-NG validity error : Extra element fencedevices in interleave
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf:29: element fencedevices: Relax-NG validity
error : Element cluster failed to validate content
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf:23: element device: validity error : IDREF
attribute name references an unknown ID "scsi2"
/etc/cluster/cluster.conf fails to validate

I've looked over the config file, and I can't see what is wrong with it,
if anything. I've put it up at https://secure.grepular.com/cluster.conf

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

--
Mike Cardwell - IT Consultant and LAMP developer
Cardwell IT Ltd. (UK Reg'd Company #06920226) http://cardwellit.com/