[Linux-cluster] Pb with dynamic update of ccsd/cluster.conf

Christine Caulfield ccaulfie at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 07:16:17 UTC 2009

On 22/09/09 07:59, Alain.Moulle wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working with : cman-3.0.0-15.rc1.fc11.x86_64 //
> rgmanager-3.0.0-15.rc1.fc11.x86_64
> I wanted that CS takes in account dynamically the changes in
> cluster.conf. Someone told
> me here a few weeks ago that ccs_sync was automatically done , and that
> I had only
> to execute :
> cman_tool version -r <new_version>
> but in this case, it is definetely stalled with corosync at top 100% cpu
> (and a clustat does
> not work anymore).
>
> Did I misunderstood and did I miss another command to execute before the
> cman_tool ?
> Or is there a problem ?

ccs_sync is not alled automatically from anywhere at the moment. it's on
the list of things to implement but it hasn't happened yet. There is
also a bug in some version of corosync (sorry, I can't be more specific
here) that causes it to loop like that if you issue a cman_tool version
command and the local cluster.conf does not match the version expected.

The correct update procedure for cluster3 is to manually use ccs_sync to
copy cluster.conf around the cluster, then to issue cman_tool version
-r0 to tell cman that the new version is available.

Chrissie