[Linux-cluster] GFS without CS?

Marc - A. Dahlhaus [ Administration | Westermann GmbH ] mad at wol.de
Tue Sep 22 11:23:47 UTC 2009

Hello Edgar,

CS is needed because it contains the service (cman) that configures the
participation of nodes in your cluster and also enables your nodes to
communicate about changes they want to do an the shared filesystem.
Also it contains the method to remove failing nodes from participating
in your cluster. This all is mandatory for a cluster filesystem.

Please go ahead and read the available documentation if you have further
interests in it here: http://sourceware.org/cluster

Hope this helps,

Marc

--8<--