[Linux-cluster] Fencing APC No-breaks

Jan Friesse jfriesse at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 07:55:39 UTC 2009

Edson,
so as I expect, you have UPS not PDU. Problem with that UPS is only one
(respectively two) communication connectors. Because EVERY node in
cluster must be able to fence EVERY other node and it's not possible to
achive this with 1 connector (ok, theoretically it is possible to have 2
cheap UPS, cross connected for 2 node cluster, but we don't support this)

Maybe that card helps, but I'm really not sure, about support in fence
agent. In case you will decide to buy it, and you will be able to turn
on/off plugs (you must be able to turn on/off only ONE plug, all of them
is useless) by web and SNMP, you can try fence_apc_snmp. In case it will
not work, you can try to send there SNMP dump and I should be able to
implement support to fence_apc_snmp.

Regards,
  Honza