[Linux-cluster] GFS Volume Over NFS

Mathew, Gigi (JSC-EG)[Jacobs Technology] gigi.mathew-1 at nasa.gov
Sat Sep 26 00:09:19 UTC 2009

Hi:

I am configuring a Dell EqualLogic iSCSI array in a RHEL 5.3 platform with two GFS2 volumes with RedHat Cluster Suite using DRAC (primary) and APC (secondary) fencing devices.  In my cluster configuration I have DELL Servers (PE R900, PE6800, PE2800, PE1950) Blades (PE M1000, PE1955, PE1855).  Now I have few workstations (Precision 7500, Precision 5500,  Precision 690) which I would like to share the above GFS2 volume over NFS (why?  They are not in the same location and currently I use NIS/YPBIND/AUTOFS).  Why should I share it? (Because I have user home directories on this GFS2 volume, which has to seen from these workstations as they login).  What are the options I have? How do I achieve it?  I had seen how to share an NFS over GFS, but NOT the other way. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gigi Mathew