[Linux-cluster] How to restart one resouce in cluster manually but not detected by cluster

李文逍(Gavin Lee) icyrace at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 04:22:14 UTC 2010

Hi, all

I met the problem when using the cluster but need to restart one of the
resources manually.

The scenario likes this:

For example, one resource httpd is managed by Red Hat Cluster Suite.

Sometimes I need to restart it manually by : service httpd restart

The script is located in /etc/init.d/httpd

When I restart it, the cluster sometimes detected the httpd is stopped, and
reported a error.

How can I restart only one of the resources and do not let the cluster
detect the failure? We need to restart only one of the resources but not
restart all the resources.

So restart the who resource group doesn’t work for us.

Does anyone has similar experience?

Thanks & Best Regards!!