[Linux-cluster] Is nit worth setting up jumbo Ethernet frames on the cluster interconnect link?

Jeff Sturm jeff.sturm at eprize.com
Fri Apr 2 14:00:37 UTC 2010

You probably wouldn't gain much, if anything.  I see packets averaging
around 130-160 bytes in size on one of our clusters.  Fewer than 1% of
packets are greater than 1400 bytes in size.

On the other hand, if you are using Ethernet for storage, you almost
certainly want jumbo frames on any such interfaces.

Jeff