[Linux-cluster] Linux-cluster Digest, Vol 71, Issue 46

Rajagopal Swaminathan raju.rajsand at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 03:24:13 UTC 2010

Greetings,

On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Arun Kp <arunkp1987 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All ,
>

> May I Know how to do the Active-Active Clustering in RHEL 5.4

First of  don't top post. I know it is a common stupid practice in
most company e-mail id-s.

Active ac-tive cluster means the services that are controlled by
cluster are available from both nodes.

For examples LTSP.

But this is not applicable for databases such as mysql, postgresql or Oracle.

For databases you would require special software such as RAC for
oracle and mysql cluster for Mysql to maintain cache coherancey.

Active/Active configuration yields high availability _and_ load
balancing if configured properly.

Also google somewhat before asking such preliminary questions.

Regards,

Rajagopal