[Linux-cluster] why does ip.sh launch rdisc ?

Celso K. Webber celsowebber at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 11:01:42 UTC 2010

Hello,

In one of our customers, the rdisc daemon was causing problems because they had an wireless access point connected to the network, so rdisc was setting up a default route to this access point as a gateway automatically. Although the access point could be reconfigured or disabled, the customer preferred to remove the rdisc invocation in the Cluster ip.sh script.

I'd rather prefer the rdisc invocation would be an option in cluster.conf, not a default behaviour.

Regards,

Celso.