[Linux-cluster] fs.sh status hangs after device failures

jose nuno neto jose.neto at liber4e.com
Mon Apr 19 15:30:39 UTC 2010

> On Mon, 2010-04-19 at 14:07 +0000, jose nuno neto wrote:
>> Hellos
>>
>> Im testing SAN under Multipath failures and founding a behavior on the
>> fs.sh that is not what I wanned.
>>
>> On simulating a SAN failure either with portdown on the san switch or on
>> the OS ( echo offline > /sys/block/$DEVICE/device/state ) the fs.sh
>> status
>> script doesn't give back an error.
>>
>> I looked at the script and think it hangs on the ls or touch test
>> (depends
>> on timings )
>> In fact if I issue an ls/touch on the failed mountpoints it hangs
>> forever.
>
> Set multipath configuration to "no_path_retry fail"

I have it:

blacklist {
        wwid SSun_VOL0_266DCF4A
        wwid SSun_VOL0_5875CF4A
        devnode "^(ram|raw|loop|fd|md|dm-|sr|scd|st)[0-9]*"
        devnode "^hd[a-z]"
}
defaults {
                user_friendly_names             yes
                bindings_file           /etc/multipath/bindings
}
devices {
       device {
                vendor                          "HITACHI"
                product                         "OPEN-V"
                path_grouping_policy            multibus
                failback                        immediate
                no_path_retry                   fail
       }
       device {
                vendor                          "IET"
                product                         "VIRTUAL-DISK"
                path_checker                    tur
                path_grouping_policy            failover
                failback                        immediate
                no_path_retry                   fail
       }
}