[Linux-cluster] Stateful Samba\CTDB Failover

Jason Fitzpatrick jayfitzpatrick at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 09:52:04 UTC 2010

Hi all

Just a FYI

As per http://news.samba.org/developers/Samba_Team_Blog_3/

New Protocol : SMB2

With Windows 7 Microsoft have introduce a new variant of the CIFS
protocol, SMB2. Samba is keeping pace, with a sample implementation of
SMB2 which will be released for early adopters to test in Samba 3.5.0.
A fully finished production version is expected to be available in
Samba 3.6.0. Testing SMB2 in Samba 3.5.0 is as simple as setting :

max protocol = SMB2

in the [global] section of your smb.conf. Be warned this is still test
code (for example kerberos support is not yet integrated) but should
give you a taste of what is to come.

Jay