[Linux-cluster] IP Source NAT

Bernd Broermann bernd at broermann.com
Thu Aug 19 09:25:35 UTC 2010

Hello Senol,
Hello all,

I my special case I want to setup a 2 Node Active/Passiv failover Cluster
with nagios ( nrpe/snmp ) as a service.

ClusterNode1IP -
                -> vIP  ----------- Clients (connects only allowed from vIP)
ClusterNode2IP -

The nrpe and snmp Agents only allow connects from the virtual IP of the
Cluster.

An iptables nat rule should do that for these ports.

But is there a best practice ?

Thank you

Hi Bernd,

your comments too much close but;

- if u are build two node fail-over (as Acrive-Passive) you can give to
vIP to active node starting,
- if u are using two or more server at the moment (for Load Balancing)
then your keywords "ipvsadm" and "Direct Routing".